Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The EZ One

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Dino at EurekaZone has come out with a new version of the Power Bench that I am finding to be a great tool.  I havent been able to use it as much as I would like yet because the projects Im working on havent required its use, but what I have done has lead me to really like it.  It is light weight, yet sturdy as a rock.  Its features are fantastic, so as I explore the features Im going to produce a series of videos that highlight them.

Oddly enough, the first video is not just about the EZ-One, but about the ease at which you can convert it to be able to make cuts greater than the size of the bench.  The bench measures about 48" x 27" with the fence extending about 36" to either side of the center cut line.  I needed to cut 7" strips from a full sheet of 3/4" plywood to use in building up a baseboard in the guest bedroom that we are currently remodeling.  I could easily cross cut the sheet, but these pieces need to be the full 96" long.  The answer was to convert the EZ-One to a Smart Table, join two rails together, add repeaters to the rail, and make the cuts.

I didnt video making the first cuts because I just forgot, and I didnt show making all the cuts because it is just boring.  But I do show a couple of cuts and converting and un-converting the bench to a Smart Table.

Hope you enjoy the video and get a feel for how the EZ-One can be used.  As the need to use the EZ-One, Ill be making other videos and passing along to you my experiences using this great tool.


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment